01. Obtaining funds for Department of Railway to purchase 09 diesel power sets (Document No – 07)
The proposal made by Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, in his capacity as the Minister of National Policies and Economic Affairs, to enter into loan agreements with Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation and Hatton National Bank for obtaining funds for the above project, which the cost is estimated as USD 93.86, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01. Purchasing of buses to be deployed for providing transport facilities for School children. ( Document No 05)
It has been proposed to provide buses for the benefit of School children in 04 arduous educational zones in the central province and the proposed made by H.E The president Maithripala Sirisena, to purchase for passenger busses on the above propos at a cost of Rs. 12.08 Million as a pilot project under the “Daruwan Surakimu” (Lets protects our Children) national Program was approval by the cabinet of Ministers.
01. Establishment of a panel of intellectuals on management of impacts of natural disasters (Document No – 08)
The proposal made by Hon. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, to appoint the above panel comprised of representatives from relevant institutions for making recommendations on short term and long term steps to be taken for minimizing the impacts of natural disaster, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01. Construction of the headquarters of the Civil Security Department (Subject No 06 of the agenda)
The proposal made by H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence, to obtain allocations of Rs. 42 million for the construction of the above new Headquarters in a new land of 01 acres at Moratuwa which is currently located in a rented building at Bambalapitiya with the labour contribution of Civil Security Department, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01) Improvement of theatres and intensive care units in hospitals under Austrian loan scheme (Document No- 07)
The government of Austria has agreed to grant a concessionary loan of 9.58 million Euros for providing equipments including anesthetic equipment endoscopy machines theatres and mobile lighting systems for selected hospitals. Accordingly, the proposal made by Hon. Niroshan Perera Acting Minister of National policies and Economic Affairs, to enter in to relevant agreements in this regard was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01. Construction of a three storied building for Defence Services Viru Daru Vidu Piyasa, Kurunegala (Document No – 07)
A three storied building has been constructed with Rs. 215 million allocated to Ministry of Education with the labour of Sri Lanka Navy and vested in students last March. However, due to absence of common facilities such as laboratories, libraries, auditoriums, and computer labs, the proposal made by H.E. the President Maithripala Sirisena, in his capacity as the Minister of Defence, to build a three storied building with above facilities for the benefit of the students of the above institution, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01. MoU between the State Academy of Forestry Administration of China and Ministry of Sustainable Development and Wildlife of Sri Lanka (Document No – 06)
Above agreement provides training opportunities for Sri Lankan officials and exchange experiences between the countries, to implement cooperative programmes and to exchange animals and plants. The proposal made by Hon. Gamini Jayawickrama Perera, Minister of Sustainable Development and Wildlife, to sign this agreement during the scheduled official visit in China, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
01. Construction of a hybrid energy park of 240 Mw of wind power and 800 MW of solar power plants at Punarin Area (Document No – 12)
According to the government's policy to add a considerable amount of electricity to national grid through renewable energy sources, the Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority has recognized northern area of the country as a suitable area to build wind power and solar power plants. Accordingly, the proposal made by the Minister of Power and Renewable Energy, to implement the above project in three stages, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.